DIESEL ENGINE PROBLEMS?
Reliability and performance for cars, trucks, marine, plant, farming & all other diesel engine applications
Is your engine smoking, spluttering, having trouble starting or just down on power?
Do you have sludge or other contaminants building up in your fuel tank?
Do diesel additives work?
Yes! OneShot Diesel Additives do work for ANY diesel engine. But why?
OneShot diesel fuel additives are the best in their class and have been developed to address many known issues resulting from EU driven changes to diesel (white, red / marine and gas oil) composition.
Reduced sulphur and higher biodiesel levels have lead to reduced lubrication of important engine components, and increased water condensation and pick up.
This has a potential four fold effect:
- Power loss and increased particulates/ smoke from incomplete combustion.
- Increased probability of contamination by “Diesel Bug” leading to:
a) Clogged Filters
b) Engine / injector damage
c) Fuel degradation requiring full replacement / cleaning and / or polishing
- Increased sludge and tank varnish formation and deposits.
- Increased propensity for diesel wax formation in winter.
Using OneShot diesel products will address all of the issues above and improve performance whilst offering the best protection for ANY engine!
About the changes in your fuel
From 1st January 2011 the specification for A2 gas oil (Red Diesel) has changed.
The significant changes are; a reduction in the sulphur content from 1400ppm to 20ppm and the increase in allowable biodiesel from 5% to 7%. Sulphur removal results in reduced lubricity and the natural biocidal action of the fuel. If 'bug' growth is to be avoided then a routine addition of a fuel biocide is recommended.
What fuel are you getting?
Red diesel has been compliant for some time. However, what is sold as Red could in fact be a blend of various fuels from differing sources;
- Some will be made to the correct specs
- Some will be fully compliant road diesel [EN950] with red dye added. Good for you as it's a better fuel but, road diesel can contain higher levels of FAME [bio diesel]
- Some suppliers maintain that all of their fuel is FAME free. If they do, get a written guarantee or demonstration of their supply chain
- With co-mingling throughout the European distribution network, an assumption that bio-diesel will be present may be the best option.
What can diesel fuel additives do for you?
- boost cetane number - smoother power delivery, better combustion and less smoke
- enhance lubricity - compensates for sulphur reduction in fuels
- preseve a fuel - increase longevity, improve oxidisation, stability for fame content
- prevent water pick up - prevents emulsions and rag layers
- better low temperature fuel properties - to meet or exceed current fuel specs
- kill & control bug growth - risk increases as fame content and water pick up does
- remove deposits - instant power / torque restoration
- prevent deposit formation - better overall fuel quality
- extend diesel life - prevents the early degradation of new specification diesel of all grades
We have a product for any diesel fuel and for use in any diesel engine whether it be cars, trucks, plant machinery, or tractors. We are not just about boats, so give us a call to discuss your needs.
You can find out more by signing up to our newsletter, where you will get the latest developments on the OneShot product range.
Suitable for ALL diesel engines and ALL grades of diesel Suitable for ALL diesel engines and ALL grades of diesel
For use in Red diesel
For use with ANY Diesel Suitable for ALL diesel engines and ALL grades of diesel. Suitable for all diesel engines using White Diesel/Derv EN590 Suitable for all Marine applications using Red Diesel (A2 Gas Oil) Not suitable for engines compliant to Euro IV, or later, emission controlled applications . One of our other additives can be used to protect those engines.