The Portway Marine stove has been designed and manufactured especially to meet the stringent new Code of Practice for the Installation of Solid Fuel Heating and Cooking Appliances in Small Craft (British Standard BS 8511:2010).
The Marine stove helps boat owners to comply with the new Code of Practice and, at the same time, cleverly utilise limited cabin space because the stove features built-in heat protection panels. These provide an air gap between the internal body of the stove and the outer body, keeping the sides of the stove much cooler than other stoves plus, provides additional heat in the form of convection hot air emitted through holes in the top plate of the stove. This feature makes the Portway Marine Stove much more effective at heating narrow boat cabins. The greatest benefit of this is that when used in conjunction with heat protection panels the stove only needs be installed 80mm away from the cabin wall and any combustibles on either side.
Other features and benefits of the Portway Marine stove include:-
- Built-in steel hearth which can be placed directly on to a wooden deck - no need for a large hearth, or the 125mm concrete base that the British Standard requires for normal stoves.
- A fiddle rail to stop pans from sliding off the hot plate area
- A single door opening with a positive-shutting latch
- A deck fastening kit included with every stove
- Simple operating controls
- Convected heat as well as radiant heat
- Up to 4.8kW heat output and up to 75% energy efficiency
- Capable of easily burning wood, anthracite and many other suitable fuel types
- An Optional Boost Boiler which can provide hot water and heat one radiator
For optimum safety and performance your Marine stove must always be fitted with an insulated flue and chimney kit.
We’ve teamed up with Warstock Development Limited to offer you a complete stove and flue kit solution.
Benefits of using the right flue and chimney include:-
- Quicker ignition
- Instant and full controllability of the stove
- Longer burn times per filling – reduced fuel costs
- Less objectionable smoke – keeping the glass window much cleaner
- Greatly reduced risk of condensation, tarring or rusting of the chimney
- Conforms to British Standard BS8511:2010.
For more information about the Portway Marine Stove call us on 01299 8710498 or email email@example.com
Bespoke Insulated Chimney Kits especially designed for The Portway Marine Stove will be fabricated and installed by Warstock Developments Limited. Please contact us for more information.
These flue kits are available to be retro fitted to your existing boat stove and will improve their performance.